(Oh hello my other idol, Katy Perry. 'Sup?)
Well it seems I'm doing rhyming weekday posts as of late so I might as well stick with it. Too Faced is a cosmetics line carried in most beauty stores. Their products sort of combine and old-Hollywood vibe and a modern-model look. Needless to say, I love it. (I have a fantasy of time travelling back to the 50's because I love the style soooo much!) Anyways, the Too Faced section on Sephora.com is great, and even gives little tutorials on how to get the looks of some of the models shown. I loooove it!!!
Also, I love having a cute vintage-y makeup set up on my vanity, so the packing for their products just makes me all happy and bubbly every time I see it!!! <3
So let's put aside my love for Too Faced for one teeny second and get down to business, tutorial style!
(Ok soooo... it's still gonna be all about Too Faced but I promise not to use as many exclamation marks and <3's, ok?)
Vintage Inspired Look:
I am not ashamed to admit I LOVE DITA VON TEESE. She is gorgeous and classy and pulls off the vintage look so well!
This look I love especially! Red lips, cat eyes, and beautiful pale skin! As a skim-milk-pale girl myself, I really appreciate a woman who flaunts her pasty-ness instead of covering it up with a spray tan! For this look I recommend using the following products---
-Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing under-eye concealer
-Too Faced Primed & Poreless Powder (this is a pretty matte look)
-Any liquid foundation (whatever works for you, but I like Covergirl Clean Foundation)
-Too Faced Borderline Smoothing Anti-Feathering Pencil (red lipstick is very pretty, but not when it gets outside the lines...)
-Too Faced Lip of Luxury in Drop Dead Red (if you have a cool skin tone) or Runway Red (if you have a warm skin tone)
-Your favorite black pencil liner (mine is Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero)
-Any matte black eyeshadow you like
1. Apply your concealer to all the areas you need it. Usually the sides of the nose, under the eyes, and red spots, etc. Remember this look is all about perfect, matte looking skin. Also apply all over lids.
2. Apply your liquid foundation with your fingers. The warmth from your hand makes it apply more smoothly and cover more equally.
3. Swipe the Too Faced Primed & Poreless Powder all over T-Zone (forehead, nose, chin) and cheeks. Moisturize any dry areas beforehand so you don't end up flakey by the end of the day.
4. Line the outer edge of lips with the non-feathering pencil. Also rim the outside of lips just in case your lipstick breaks through the first barrier. Don't apply your lipstick just yet though.
5. Line your eyes just on top, and wedge your liner into your lashes as much as possible. Don't worry about smudges.
6. Using a wet makeup sponge, apply the black eyeshadow on lid and sweep out into a subdued cat-eye. Blend thoroughly up to crease.
7. Appli your lipstick with a lipstick brush--never straight from the tube. Make sure edges are straight and not out of line.
8. Enjoy your beautiful vintage look!